Friday, December 20, 2013

I Didn't Die, I Went Straight To Retail Hell

Now, many of you are probably wondering "Tori. WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN?"

I've been in hell. AKA: working retail during the damn holidays. So buckle up boys and girls, for I am about to tell to you a thing. And the moral? Don't be a dick to the cashier. They will talk trash about you behind your back.

Now, some of you may be wondering, "Tori how the hell did you manage to get a job? You don't have any legal guardians or fake papers... You don't have fake papers right?"

Well, as I've said before "yes I have a fake ID. Don't ask how or why, just accept it" But that's the extent of it. And it's a high-quality one. A little ghost may have told me who to get in contact with to get one, but that's beside the point.

The guy who ended up hiring me was, big surprise, also a proxy. Hell, that's why he hired me. Honestly I think he just needed someone in the loop that he could talk to semi-regularly - I take Skye for granted in that regard.

Now, having two proxies in one store is troubling sometimes, especially when Father decides to assign one or both of us missions in the MIDDLE OF OUR SHIFTS. Seriously, I was on break one time and He just pops up out of fucking NOWHERE. 

And yes, it does make the security cameras to haywire. It's funny to see the company guys come out and scratch their heads over it though. They always ask me if I know what's up with it or anything and I tell them that I've long accepted it as just the system being itself. After all, our registers are narcoleptic.

Now, it's not just Matt - the manager - and I. There's other part-timers, like me, and assistant managers. (Matt's the Store Manager). I don't really work with many of the others. I see them and am friendly with them, but it's usually just Matt and myself on the night shift most nights. Matt says it's more a safety thing and I believe it - Father likes to pop in at night a lot, as I've said... god I'm so scattered in this post. I've been away from the blog for too long...

Switching topics, I do have some pretty crazy customer stories - you can't work retail and escape them. Especially when you work nights, that's when all the freaky-deaky people roll up and buy about 20 condoms, strawberry-kiwi lube, and some cat litter. Yeah.

Since I can practically hear you all screaming at your screens "WHAT ABOUT MY SHIPPING? GIVE ME OTP FEELS." I'll indulge you in saying that... Skye will cover all of the Christmas preparations... because he did most of it...

But hey, I got cookie dough out of it and there was a flour battle. Worth it. (I won for sure.)

1 comment:

  1. Shipping is long and costly, especially at Christmas. I'll opt out.

    As for weird purchases, you get used to it. I used to do work experience at two libraries, which are in the same county so they're all connected. After a few months a person can take out books like "50 Shades of Grey" and "Sex: For Dummies" (no, I've legitimately scanned that book for a fucktonne of people and I swear it exists, both libraries had a few copies!) and you won't bat an eyelid.

    ReplyDelete