Wednesday, December 25, 2013

I'll Spend My Christmas With You


"Tori, wake up," I heard Skye say as he shook my shoulder gently.

"I don' wannaaaa," I mumbled and rolled over, cocooning myself in my blankets. I was warm and comfortable, I didn't feel like moving.

"I have your present," he said as he sat down on the other side of my bed. Well, that got my attention.

"What is it?" I poked my head out from under my covers and glared at Skye when he laughed at my bed-head. "Shut up..." I grumbled as a tried to fix my hair. I scooted myself up, blankets still wrapped around me, and reached down on the floor to pull up his bag of presents.

"I didn't say a thing," he laughed. I rolled my eyes at him and we exchanged gifts. Mine was a small box. I resisted the temptation to shake it because small generally means breakable. We sat there awkwardly, neither of us wanting to go first.

"You can go ahead, yours is bigger anyway," I smiled.

"A-alright..." he mumbled as he started taking out the wrapping paper. The first thing he pulled out was the main gift. He carefully unfolded the 4" blade from its sheath and stared at it.

"I figured that it might be good for you to get away from the runes for a bit," I shrugged. He was having a little trouble closing it so I shifted over and put my hands on top of his. "See you press this sideways and fold it in gently," I told him, using my hands to manipulate his. My chin was resting on his shoulder so I could see what I was doing.

"O-Okay, thanks T-tori," he blushed. I chuckled and backed up, motioning for him to finish opening his gifts. The second thing was a sketch book for runes. I had scribbled out "I swear to god if you put another rune on your skin I will kill you myself :)" on the first page. "Funny," he grumbled.

The last thing was an ugly Christmas sweater I got for like, five bucks at Good Will. Skye looked at me dubiously while I laughed at his expression. "I'm sorry, your face though!" I laughed.

"Just open your gift, Tori," he shook his head, obviously fighting back a smile. 


"Fine, fine," I rolled my eyes and situated myself so I was sitting cross-legged. By now I had gotten tired of being so tangled up so I had kicked the sheets off. I was in fuzzy pants and a huge t-shirt, my cold-weather sleep-wear. 


I picked up the small box and slit open the wrapping paper with my nails, feeling too lazy to grab one of the twenty knives I had lying around my room. Before proceeding with opening the small, black box that now sat in my lap, I balled up the wrapping paper and tossed it at Skye. It hit dead center on his fore-head. We laughed a little before I returned to my gift. 


"Holy shit Skye, where did you find this?" I looked up at him, not sure what I was feeling. He had gotten me a necklace. The chain was durable and silver and hanging on it was a pendant shaped like a small dagger with a deep purple rose in the middle of the "blade." 


He shrugged, but before he could answer I tackled him in a hug, knocking him backwards onto my bed. He laughed and I felt his arms wrap around me. "I'm guessing you like it?" I heard him say. I nodded before looking up at him. I started to say something, but I didn't know how to express what I was feeling.


"I... Just... Thank you," I smiled and laid my head back down on his chest. I felt him rub circles on my back and I closed my eyes, relaxed. 


"Hey Tori?"


"Mm?" I mumbled.


"I..." he trailed off and I felt him tense up. 


I propped myself up to look at him and I was in his eyes and blushing face the same confusion and mix of emotions that I felt. His blue eyes looked away from mine out of embarrassment. I smiled down at him gently, shaking my head slightly. 


"I know, me too." His eyes snapped back to mine in shock and I gave a slight laugh at his shock.
"But I didn't say anything," he stared up at me, confused.


"You don't need to," I smiled. My lips tugged down at the ends. "Fuck. I can imagine the comments now," I groaned.


Skye laughed and gently pulled me back down to rest my head on his chest. "We can worry about that later, alright?"


I hummed in contentment. "That sounds great." 

3 comments: