Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Lazy Day at La Casa de Tori

Yeah the weather was total shit today so Skye and I stayed inside. I mean yeah, sometimes you have to fight in the rain but if I have a choice I'd prefer to stay dry. So would the dog, but her bathroom's outside.
Yeah I still don't have concrete name for her yet. I was thinking Alaska or Hazel (yeah I like John Green books. What of it?)

So I got up at noon, like I usually do and saw that the door to Skye's cave - I mean room - was open and the light was on. Even though I've only known him for a couple of days, I was confident in my prediction that he was pouring over that giant book taking notes, as always. After a relatively quick shower I went downstairs to see that Skye was cooking bacon and had some eggs out as well.

"And here we see the reclusive animal known as Skye outside of its cave, preparing food for its host," I smirked in my best nature documentary voice. (which is pretty shitty by the way)

He jumped and blushed when he saw me. "T-that's not f-funny..." he mumbled before he returned to the bacon.

"It's hilarious and you know it." I stretched upwards until my back made an audible crack. I looked to see Skye staring at the floor and blushing. I chuckled, but didn't comment. "It's supposed to be miserable outside all day, so I was just gonna have myself a movie marathon. Care to join?"

"U-um..." he mumbled as he turned the bacon over. "W-what movies? And h-how do you want your e-eggs?"

"Harry Potter, all of them. Director's cut, special edition. And if we start soon we might be able to squeeze in a bit of Lord of the Rings. Oh, and scrambled and fluffy."

Skye turned around and looked at me, blushing. "I l-love Harry Potter."

"I'm a total Potterhead. I have all the books, Tales of Beetle the Bard, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Quidditch Through The Ages, the Sorcerer's Companion, Harry's Wand, Slytherin and Gryffindor shirts, and about a thousand tear-stains on the 7th book," I casually listed off, like I was talking about the shitty weather outside.

I smirked at him as he stared at me in amazement and maybe some surprise in there. Hey, at least he wasn't blushing. He didn't look away until we could smell the bacon starting to burn. He stuttered an apology before taking the bacon off of the pan.

When he was fixing his eggs I put some bread in the toaster and put a couple of glasses of orange juice on the table. Again, we ate in relative silence but it wasn't exactly awkward. I guess knowing that the two of shared something other than Slendy made things a bit easier. Also when you find out that someone's just as obsessed (or more so) with fictional characters as you are, you tend to like that person a bit more.

After we finished eating, I claimed the couch for myself and the dog - who doesn't like to be cuddled too much but tolerates it for a bit - and Skye lounged on the love-seat. I had my glasses on because it's not like I was going out.

I shall summarize the following 1068 minutes in the following sentence. Ain't no party like a HP nerd party cause at a HP nerd party containing Tori and Skye you're allowed to quote lines, as long as you do it the same way the characters do it at the same time. Also you can cry when everyone dies in Deathly Hallows and no one will judge.

Yeah, today was a good day. If this weather keeps up we might watch the Lord of the Rinds trilogy. Guess who has the extended editions? This nerdette right here.

~Tori

1 comment: